new here. Thanks ahead of time for answering my question. I bought a new Toshiba laptop in October. I7 quad core Windows 8.1(hate that part). Not a touchscreen. Couple of months ago, I suddenly couldn't connect to my network at home or work. It would tell me that I had limited connection. I would have to manually disconnect from the network, then reconnect. Sometimes even that doesn't work and I go thru the diagnose problem crap and it tells me the default gateway wasn't available and then sometimes it fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. It's driving me crazy. It can take up to 5 times of disconnecting then connecting before I can get on my internet. Other places I get on right away. What's up? How can I solve this issue?
Do the following now and save the output. Then the next time this happens, please do it again and post the oput of both time here.
Click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key) +R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:
A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.
If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu, or just press Windows Key (next to the left Ctrl key) + R.
I suspect the problem is with your router since the laptop works well other places. You could try resetting it with the reset button then set it up again, see if that helps.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI