This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

wifi only connects for 1-2 minutes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm stumped and could use some help. I have a toshiba laptop with intel centrino wireless N-1000 adapter. It was just sent to me as a replacement because my other prior toshiba had been sent in for repair 4 times in the last six months. They finally gave up and sent me a completely different refurbished model. The problem is this wifi adapter disconnects after 1-2 minutes. I have 4-5 other wifi devices (iPad, laptops, iPhone, roku, …) and these all connect and stay connected. It's just the toshiba that has the problems. On top of the frustration of my last laptop always breaking down, now toshiba tech support says they will only help me get this wifi working if I pay them for an additional software support contract! They just sent me this laptop, the wifi doesn't work, and they say they need $100 or such if I want the wifi to function! This is definitely my last Toshiba purchase! Anyway, I'm pretty good with computers and I've setup dozens of laptops and other devices to run on wifi with no problem. It sees the SSID, i enter the password and it connects, works for 2-3 minutes, then stops. I've tried changing my router to use specific channels and also set it on auto, but I that doesn't seem to help. I tried changing the security encryption, no help. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?
Yes, I thought of that too. I downloaded them a week ago and it took a couple tries but I finally got them installed. Sadly it didn't make a difference.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI