This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

I'm a little computor ignorant .. no make that a lot ignorant

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

How is everyone today? I've been looking for some help and I started out thinkin in 386 days … um how hard could it be? And then I ran into this site after I downloaded AVG 8.0 and it didn't fix my problem. I'm one of those guys that started to learn about programing and computors with a VIC 20??? The one before Commodor 64. Then we moved to 1 MEG!! of RAM. On my god what an upgrade. I never really learned the in's and outs then, so I'm really dangerous now. That's why I'm here. If I can learn enough to help people that would be a goal. Right now I have a worm called Tracker.vbr in my machine. And I'm smart enough to know I don't know how to fix it. But still poor enough to try myself. I live in the UK. I'm approaching extreme middle age:) Anyway, on to boards to seek some answers, if I can help anyone please e-mail me (however one does this from a message board? aka Kelsy (Dennis)
Hi kelsy_c :welcome: Vic20 eh? Hehe, those were the days without viruses and other bad stuff. Started out myself with the spectrum's, moved on to commodore 16 through 64 / 128 and Amiga, before getting my first "real" computer with windows 3.1…WOW! :rofl: We don't email about problems, that defeats the purpose of a forum where every input are welcome and others may learn from it. Instead, post when you feel or just watch / read and learn, your choice ;) Hope you get your problem with that infection solved. Regards Abydos
Greetings kelsy_c You would begin by going to this link—->http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_Members_t34502.html (you can copy and paste the line after the arrow into your favorite browser address window) Regards Kaz