This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

New (Semi) member

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi Ya'll, I actually joined back in December of last year and started taking the Spyware Warrior training but found I didn't have the time I needed to dedicate to getting good at it so I stopped. I spend most of my time at Annoyances.org answering Windows XP questions when I can, and learning when I can't. I'd like to do the same here when possible. I have 30+ years of computer experience, 20+ working with PCs. I worked at IBM for a few (ha!) years as a programmer and spent 10+ there working with OS/2. When we switched to Windows as the primary PC OS, I became interested in it and have been working at learning it ever since. Retired in 2003 and I'm enjoying living on the Space Coast here in Fla. I've run our family web site since 2000 so I'm reasonably competent with HTML, DHTML, CSS and JavaScript. I also have compiled a MySQL databse of 1000+ tips for fixing computer related problems which comes in handy when I see a problem and think, "now where did I see that before". Enough rambling. I will spend most of my time here in the Microsoft Windows forum. Please feel free to tell me when my advice is bad or out of date, I have a pretty thick skin :D
Space Coast of Fla. sounds wonderful but how do you keep the beach sand out of your keyboard? Welcome to WTT. Hope you have a great time reading around the Forum. Post when you need, help when you can. :) Doug
Hi Ztruker, A warm welcome to you from all of us here at WTT. I like the sound of your data base, I have something similar but on about 5 different systems, mostly non compatible! that I will get around to sorting out "when I have a moment"….trouble is I've been saying that for the last 6 years! To echo Doug's comments… Post when you need, help when you can. :) Regards paws ps the avatar's the same but I'm not Mr Charlie
Hey Ztruker, Welcome to WTT! It'll be good to have you here, it sounds as if you'll be bringing plenty of experience along. I also think it's great idea to have a database of fixes, I've thought many times about creating one. I guess time gets the best of me though and then it never gets done ;). It'll be good to have another person with programming experience in the forums. Regards, Ax
Thanks all, looking forward to helping (and learning) here when I can. The tone and conduct of people on this forum is a pleasure to see and the advice being given is great. I've already scarfed a few to add to my tips database (with proper attributuon of course :thumbup:). Guess I have to find a cool Avatar now.
Urk! I forgot I had one from before … sort of looks like the front view of yours … great minds, etc.