This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook PST file error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I figured it out. I used the scanpst.exe app found in one of the following folders: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033 C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 The scan found some errors and fixed them but Outlook would still not open the PST file. What I missed was that the scanpst.exe application found in these folders is for Outlook 2003, I has since upgraded to Outlook 2007 Enterprise Ed. The scanpst app is different for this version and in another location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 I ran this version on the corrupt PST and it fixed some errors found and I was able to open the PST in Outlook with no further issues.
Post Edited to Remove Quote of prior SPAM which has also been deleted.

What have others experienced using this or other tools? I need to recover an address book and calendar from a 1.2Gb PST that Outlook can't open (crashes with error message that it can't use the file) after using the mailbox repair tool. While the above looks to be a useful post, I'd rather have realworld success recommendations, or stay-away-froms.

Thx.
Hi, You can use Outlook recovery tools to repair your PST file. Below is a list of them: hxxp://xxx.datanumen(dot)com(slash)aor/compare.htm <– Edited by to disable SPAM link Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first. Steve

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI