This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook 2007 Hanging

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thank you in advance for your help.  I am running Office 2007 for all of my MS Office programs.  Outlook is having issues.  I have a very large .pst file and tried the scanpst.exe tool and it just hung during "Repair".  It also created an additional set of Personal Folders on the left side of my file tree in Outlook.  

 

Regardless, I restarted and it just hangs (Not Responding).  This happened once before and I don't remember how I fixed it.  I have around 100,000 emails (very large number, obviously).

 

Any ideas?

 

 

Bump?

 

Can I just delete the existing .pst files?  The emails are all sitting on Godaddy's server, so I assume they'll repopulate.

 

Very frustrating.  I've tried just about everything I know to do, including 3rd party .pst repair tools to no avail.  Still hangs.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI