Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 92399 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Deleted Outlook.pst file for Outlook 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mordimier

Mordimier

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hi, I accidentally deleted the Outlook.pst file and emptied in the recycle bin. Bad move on my part. I am now missing many important e-mails and folders. I have done some research on this issue. I can't use the scanpst.exe tool because the file is completely gone. There are a few other .pst files in the same location the Outlook.pst was. Unsure if I the Outlook.pst is what I need or if there is some other way around this. System restore I don't think will help it from what I've read. Also, a lot of forums seem to point to data recovery tools. Does anyone have any suggestions for something reliable I can use for data recovery software? Thanks!
It's not the destination but the journey itself.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

The .PST file is what holds ALL your Outlook data.

If you have Windows 7, you can right click the folder that contained the .PST file and choose "restore previous versions." There may be a version available that contains your PST file.

Other than that you can try a deleted file recovery program like Recuva.

Unfortunately, when you delete a file you critically need the first thing to do is reach behind the computer and yank the power cord out of it and don't turn it back on until a professional recovers the file for you. Every second your computer is powered on you are probably overwriting bits and pieces of the file you are trying to recover and making it impossible to use. But, you might get lucky.

Not to make fun of the situation or anything, but this is a good lesson in why you should have a good backup in place. Best of luck to you...

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.