This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Deleted Outlook.pst file for Outlook 2010

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I accidentally deleted the Outlook.pst file and emptied in the recycle bin. Bad move on my part. I am now missing many important e-mails and folders. I have done some research on this issue. I can't use the scanpst.exe tool because the file is completely gone. There are a few other .pst files in the same location the Outlook.pst was. Unsure if I the Outlook.pst is what I need or if there is some other way around this. System restore I don't think will help it from what I've read. Also, a lot of forums seem to point to data recovery tools. Does anyone have any suggestions for something reliable I can use for data recovery software? Thanks!
The .PST file is what holds ALL your Outlook data.

If you have Windows 7, you can right click the folder that contained the .PST file and choose "restore previous versions." There may be a version available that contains your PST file.

Other than that you can try a deleted file recovery program like Recuva.

Unfortunately, when you delete a file you critically need the first thing to do is reach behind the computer and yank the power cord out of it and don't turn it back on until a professional recovers the file for you. Every second your computer is powered on you are probably overwriting bits and pieces of the file you are trying to recover and making it impossible to use. But, you might get lucky.

Not to make fun of the situation or anything, but this is a good lesson in why you should have a good backup in place. Best of luck to you…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI