This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MS Word 03 "over-type" problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all,

Ever since I had MS Office 03, when ever I am typing lots, when I come to edit what i've written, eg. I'm going to add one more word on a sentece, it will start to over - type or replace what I've written with that when it should just go in where I put it.

The more I type between already written text, the more of it goes when it should stay there.

Please help, thx in advace. :thumbup:
Hi you have probably hit the "Insert" Key by mistake. This toggles between "insert! and "overtype" Try opening a Word document……. type some words, attempt to alter (edit) them and if you hit a problem with characters disappearing then press the "Insert" Key once and then try to edit, see how you go Regards paws

Hi you have probably hit the "Insert" Key by mistake.
This toggles between "insert! and "overtype"
Try opening a Word document……. type some words, attempt to alter (edit) them and if you hit a problem with characters disappearing then press the "Insert" Key once and then try to edit, see how you go
Regards
paws


Thank you so much, this is really helpful - thank you once again! :pullhair:

Just imagine how annyoing this problem is when you're typing up a 4 page story!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI