This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

dots between words on MS Word 2003 docs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Suddenly I'm getting a dot between every word in MS Word 2003. It doesn't matter where/what I copy from the dots are there. Even typing a new document the dots are there. This only started yesterday. I thought it was maybe something to do with paragraph marks, but that is not the case. I have checked MS website and used word help using F1, but can't find any reference to anything like this. A small, but very annoying niggle and I would like rid of it. I have not changed any settings in Word. I have not tried to print anything since this started as I don't know whether the dots would show on paper or not. :angry: Can anyone help? Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Word 2003, you said…. OK. In your toolbar, you should have an icon like a PI symbol. This icon is surely activated. Click on it. What you see is symbolism for whitespace. A dot (centered on the height of your word) is a space. A tabulation will be represented by an arrow, while end paragraph markers may come as PI symbols. There are others, of course. This can be adjusted also in options, but I don't remember where, since I'm on 2010 version and this changed so many things… Hope this helps :-)
Thank you very much for the info. I found the right option to rectify this. I unticked 'spaces' under Options. Dots disappeard like magic. Annoyance gone. :notworthy: :notworthy: Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI