This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Keystroke Typing Errors

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is happening right in this box as I type this. cursor jumps back to earlier text I typed and inserting letters, hit space bar sometimes clears screen. Happening in Word, gmail and facebook. Is this a virus or setting? Help? Tookeextra long time just to type this.
Hi Mercury 64, Sorry to hear of the typing/keyboard issues. First step is to try a known good working USB keyboard in place of the one you have been using…… does this alter the way things happen with the typing issue? Regards paws
It is a laptop that I was having the problem with. Thanks so much for the reply. As I was struggling with this all afternoon, I did other searches and tried a few things that were suggested. The one i tried first was to change the mouse settings, under pointer options and unclick the box that said hide mouse while typing. This didn't work. I then found another post addressing that this was happening in Windows 7 with the manufacturer of my computer HP and some others with laptops running Win 7. He provided this link

https://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

I downloaded this touchfreeze utility and installed on my computer and it appears to have taken care of the problem. I know risking downloading unknown utility so I hope there aren't any problems. I can type this message normally now! Yeah!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI