Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Default E-mail in IE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mbfeiler

mbfeiler

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

Hi. IE will not permit me to set the default e-mail program. I want to set it to Outlook Express. When I access tools-internet options-programs and try to setect OE as the default mail program nothing happens. There are no choices in the drop down either. This is causing problems when using email links on web pages. Can you help? Thanks. Mark IE7.0 Wxp McAfee Security

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:20 AM

Hi and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Sorry to hear of the problem with OE and links in IE7 Try this: 1 Ensure that both OE and IE7 are closed: 2 Start>Contrpl Panel>Add and Remove {Programs>>Set Program Access & Defaults> 3 Ensure there is a dot in the radio button for "Custom" 4 Click on the down arrow (on the right) 5 From Choose a Default Email Program 6 ensure there is a dot in the "Outlook Express" Radio Button 7 ensure there is a tick/checkmark in emable access box 8 Ok your way out 9 Open IE7 10 now attempt to set OE as your email through Tools>Options>Programs and see how you go. You just might need to do a reboot before you set OE in IE via Tools>Options>Programs Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 mbfeiler

mbfeiler

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hi again. Same problem: when using an internet email link I get this error "...default mail client not properly installed". I tried the fix that paws laid out above but when I get to the point where I am to select the Outlook Express radio button it doesnt exist. There is no option, it simply says use my current email program. Internet options in the control panel doesn't give me an option either. It's just blank with no dropdown options. Please help. mark

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

Try resetting IE7 to it's default, installed state, see if OE is then a choice from the Programs tab.

reset IE7

If using IE6, try this:

repair IE6

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown