This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Default E-mail in IE

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. IE will not permit me to set the default e-mail program. I want to set it to Outlook Express. When I access tools-internet options-programs and try to setect OE as the default mail program nothing happens. There are no choices in the drop down either. This is causing problems when using email links on web pages. Can you help? Thanks. Mark IE7.0 Wxp McAfee Security
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Sorry to hear of the problem with OE and links in IE7 Try this: 1 Ensure that both OE and IE7 are closed: 2 Start>Contrpl Panel>Add and Remove {Programs>>Set Program Access & Defaults> 3 Ensure there is a dot in the radio button for "Custom" 4 Click on the down arrow (on the right) 5 From Choose a Default Email Program 6 ensure there is a dot in the "Outlook Express" Radio Button 7 ensure there is a tick/checkmark in emable access box 8 Ok your way out 9 Open IE7 10 now attempt to set OE as your email through Tools>Options>Programs and see how you go. You just might need to do a reboot before you set OE in IE via Tools>Options>Programs Regards paws
Hi again. Same problem: when using an internet email link I get this error "…default mail client not properly installed". I tried the fix that paws laid out above but when I get to the point where I am to select the Outlook Express radio button it doesnt exist. There is no option, it simply says use my current email program. Internet options in the control panel doesn't give me an option either. It's just blank with no dropdown options. Please help. mark

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI