This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Preserving Outlook Express

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just installed Mozella, and thus far love it. I still use Outlook Express 6. I do so because I have business emails saved, going back many years. The emails are saved in sub-folders by year, and I can search the files by key word when I need to pull up something. I don't want to loose this, and I believe this is why I did not upgrade to IE 8. Two questions: If I uninstall IE 7, will that also uninstall Outlook Express? Is there currently a mail program that operates similar to OE and accomplish my particular needs as stated above. thanks
Hi Rob. You can never uninstall Internet Explorer. If you remove IE7 you will still have IE6. And regardless if you install IE8, or uninstall IE7, you will still have Outlook Express 6. As far as alternatives go, I like Mozilla Thunderbird. But, you may require some assistance to migrate data if you wanted to.
Thanks. I think I'll leave my email as is for now. But use Mozella for Internet. I just downloaded a 600MB movie in 38 minutes. It would have taken 2 hours using IE. thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI