This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook Express Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a problem with Outlook Express, since installing IE 7 Beta and getting my computer updated with SP2 and all the updates that go with it doing it the way that Mr. Gates wants everybody to do ie. pay for it (previously using XP Prof. pirate with only SP1) Now when I open an email with Outlook Express that has, I think it is called a link to another website etc. instead of going to the website it goes to C:\Documents and Settings\home or does nothing at all. This is frustrating as I often have to use this feature to go places from an email and I cannot find the solution anywhere hence this request for help. Thank's in advance for any suggestions.
Hi, Sometimes a Pop Up stopper will cause this problem problem especially if you already have a browser window open. Otherwise if you are using Interet Explorer try this: 1 Open Internet Explorer then go to View / Internet Options and select the " Programs " tab. 2 Ensure the box "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser" is selected. If not, then check (tick) it. Press OK and close Internet Explorer. Now the links in your emails may work a little better. There are quite a few things that can cause this problem so if the above does not help we can try some more. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI