Hi everyone - I just got a new computer, Vista, and I can't log into my hotmail. I don't have a problem with any other website, just hotmail. I can get to the site just fine, but after I enter my log in information, it just sits and works and works. I let it sit there to see how long it would take, and 3 1/2 minutes later I was in. Then it took another couple minutes to open a message. Can anyone figure out why this is happening? Thanks!
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums
Sorry to hear of the problems with Hotmail on your new computer.
To give an indication if the problem lies with your computer or your hotmail account, or operating procedures, try to log on to your hotmail account from a known good working computer (not your new one) and see how you go.
Regards
paws
Thanks for answering me…I did just what you recommended. I logged on to hotmail using my old computer and it worked just fine…same internet connection.
I just tried it again now…and it took about 3 minutes to get in, then once I got in, I clicked on 'inbox', and it has been working ever since…several minutes and I still haven't gotten into my inbox. I can't figure this one out!
Hi,
Ok
If your hotmail works Ok on your old machine then it looks like the problem is definitely with your new machine.
If you are using IE7 as your browser then try it with Firefox (or vice-versa) This will identify if its a browser problem or your new computer's configuration
Don't forget you new machine is still under guarantee and if it doesn't work satisfactorily (and you haven't broken it!) then the seller should fix it for you
Regards
paws
Thanks so much for the advice….I thought of trying Firefox but didn't dare because I read about so many conflicts with that with Vista. The computer is only 3 days old…so I would think they should help me with the problem until it's fixed. Thanks!