Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Help please! New computer and can't log into hotmail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lipstick

Lipstick

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

Hi everyone - I just got a new computer, Vista, and I can't log into my hotmail. I don't have a problem with any other website, just hotmail. I can get to the site just fine, but after I enter my log in information, it just sits and works and works. I let it sit there to see how long it would take, and 3 1/2 minutes later I was in. Then it took another couple minutes to open a message. Can anyone figure out why this is happening? Thanks!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hi and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Sorry to hear of the problems with Hotmail on your new computer. To give an indication if the problem lies with your computer or your hotmail account, or operating procedures, try to log on to your hotmail account from a known good working computer (not your new one) and see how you go. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Lipstick

Lipstick

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for answering me...I did just what you recommended. I logged on to hotmail using my old computer and it worked just fine...same internet connection.

#4 Lipstick

Lipstick

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

I just tried it again now...and it took about 3 minutes to get in, then once I got in, I clicked on 'inbox', and it has been working ever since...several minutes and I still haven't gotten into my inbox. I can't figure this one out!

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hi, Ok If your hotmail works Ok on your old machine then it looks like the problem is definitely with your new machine. If you are using IE7 as your browser then try it with Firefox (or vice-versa) This will identify if its a browser problem or your new computer's configuration Don't forget you new machine is still under guarantee and if it doesn't work satisfactorily (and you haven't broken it!) then the seller should fix it for you Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 Lipstick

Lipstick

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

Thanks so much for the advice....I thought of trying Firefox but didn't dare because I read about so many conflicts with that with Vista. The computer is only 3 days old...so I would think they should help me with the problem until it's fixed. Thanks!

#7 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:16 AM

:thumbup: