Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Trouble Logging In

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wendyspy

wendyspy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:03 PM

Hello. I was wonderig if anyone could help. I used to have MSN as my homepage and I used Hotmail as my primary account. I can not login to my MSN page or my hotmail account on my computer. I can login on other peoples comps. I did all the suggestions that about 7 MSN techs told me to try but nothing has worked...when I try to login it sends me to a blank page. Just wondering if anyone could help...thanks Wendy.... wendyspy@yahoo.com

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 jakethesnake

jakethesnake

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:51 PM

Okay Wendy,

I did little research and found this. Check out some of these suggestions and see if any one of them could help you:

. If the computer runs third-party or firewall software like Zone Alarm, make sure the software is set to allow Messenger to operate, and then try to sign in to MSN Messenger again. For additional information, refer to your third-party software manual or online help.

2. If the previous step did not resolve the issue, update Internet Explorer to the latest version which is Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0. Visit »microsoft.com/windows/ie/, and then click Download now.

3. If the previous step did not resolve the issue, adjust your Internet Explorer security settings:

a. Start Internet Explorer.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
c. Click the Advanced tab.
d. Under Security, do the following:
1. Clear the Check for server certificate revocation (requires restart) check box.
2. Select the Use SSL 2.0 check box.
3. Select the Use SSL 3.0 check box.
e. Click OK.

4. If the previous step did not resolve the issue, adjust the proxy settings in Internet Explorer:

a. Start Internet Explorer.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
c. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
d. Clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
e. Click OK, and then click OK again.

5. If the previous step did not resolve the issue, adjust the proxy settings in MSN Messenger:

a. Start MSN Messenger.
b. On the Tools menu, click Options.
c. On the Connection tab, clear the I use a proxy server check box. Do not select this option unless your network administrator advises you to.
d. Click OK, and then click OK again.

6. If you receive an "invalid" or "unrecognized" user name or password error, make sure the user name is correct on the Messenger sign-in screen. If your password is saved in the Messenger sign-in screen, clear the password from the Password box, and then retype the password.

Notes Some passwords are case-sensitive. Use only letters and numbers in your password and avoid special characters such as "+,$,&.*.@". Your password must be 6 to 16 characters long.

7. If your Microsoft .NET Passport is not recognized, visit »www.passport.net. If your .NET Passport is recognized at that site, the .NET Messenger Service may be temporarily unavailable. Wait several minutes and then try to sign in again. You can also check server status at »messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx.

8. If the previous steps did not resolve the issue, determine if you can sign in to your Hotmail account at »www.hotmail.com or »www.msn.com. If you cannot sign in to Hotmail or MSN, your account may be deactivated. Hotmail and MSN cannot reactivate deleted accounts. Do the following:

a. Register for a new Hotmail or MSN account, and then sign in to Messenger with your e-mail address. Hotmail and MSN consider activity on
Messenger to be account activity. Your account will be active unless you do not use Hotmail or MSN or sign in to Messenger 10 days after
registering your account or 30 consecutive days thereafter. To register for a new Hotmail account, visit »hotmail.com/cgi-bin/register.
b. Create a Microsoft .NET Passport account using any e-mail address, and then sign in to Messenger with your new .NET Passport sign-in name and
password. To register a new .NET Passport, visit »register.passport.net/.