cvlooper
Topic Starter
(this is from a previous post that may have been posted in wrong area…I don't know that this has any thing to do with virus/malware and I have removed log info)
SSIA…I can't reach my hotmail account from my computer. From what I can remember, I encountered this problem after normal use of my computer during the day, being able to access hotmail, then later that night I could no longer get into my account. I have logged in to my account on 3 other computers with no issues.
I can access any other website and have no problems with secured sites. For some reason, I can't log into my hotmail!
I am using a Gateway Laptop: MT6451 with Vista Home Premium. This computer is one day short of a year old.
I didn't download any programs or change any settings before this occurred. I've tried everything I know to resolve this issue:
I have run the windows diagnostic device and it doesn't recognize any issues with my connection.
I have checked security settings of IE7.
I have reset my IE7 settings
I have disabled firewall to attempt to connect.
I have disabled virus and malware software to attempt connection.
I have deleted all browser history (temp files, cookies, history, etc.).
I have disabled addons to attempt connection
I have logged in as a guest and tried.
I have tried over three different networks.
I have pinged an IP and a website and both showed no abnormalities.
I have restored my computer to a previous setting when I was able to access hotmail…that didn't work
I have run Windows Malicious Software Removal
Probably forgetting a couple…
Three days before this problem occurred, I did run Windows Live OneCare saftey scanner and removed a few items from my registry but I looked into them before removal and I don't think I got rid of anything relevant to this problem. Also, I decided to try out several antivirus programs, using trial versions, to see which one I preferred so I have installed/uninstalled quite a few antivirus software (AVG, Norton, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, and a few others I can't remember). I recently began using PCTools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus (full, paid version) along with Threatfire as my security software. My computer slowed down after installing both of these programs, but I was still able to access my hotmail. What else…
I've had communication with Gateway support and they didn't provide much help. After chatting with a tech support guy, he told me that a full system restore or recovery would be necessary if restoring to a previous date did not work (it didn't). I thought this seemed rather extreme just to be able to access my hotmail! I am trying to avoid this for several reasons, but maybe it would be for the best.
The logs below are of my computer running from a previous restore point.
I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided. I've spent too much time on this problem to give up now!
Thanks in advance,
loop
SSIA…I can't reach my hotmail account from my computer. From what I can remember, I encountered this problem after normal use of my computer during the day, being able to access hotmail, then later that night I could no longer get into my account. I have logged in to my account on 3 other computers with no issues.
I can access any other website and have no problems with secured sites. For some reason, I can't log into my hotmail!
I am using a Gateway Laptop: MT6451 with Vista Home Premium. This computer is one day short of a year old.
I didn't download any programs or change any settings before this occurred. I've tried everything I know to resolve this issue:
I have run the windows diagnostic device and it doesn't recognize any issues with my connection.
I have checked security settings of IE7.
I have reset my IE7 settings
I have disabled firewall to attempt to connect.
I have disabled virus and malware software to attempt connection.
I have deleted all browser history (temp files, cookies, history, etc.).
I have disabled addons to attempt connection
I have logged in as a guest and tried.
I have tried over three different networks.
I have pinged an IP and a website and both showed no abnormalities.
I have restored my computer to a previous setting when I was able to access hotmail…that didn't work
I have run Windows Malicious Software Removal
Probably forgetting a couple…
Three days before this problem occurred, I did run Windows Live OneCare saftey scanner and removed a few items from my registry but I looked into them before removal and I don't think I got rid of anything relevant to this problem. Also, I decided to try out several antivirus programs, using trial versions, to see which one I preferred so I have installed/uninstalled quite a few antivirus software (AVG, Norton, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, and a few others I can't remember). I recently began using PCTools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus (full, paid version) along with Threatfire as my security software. My computer slowed down after installing both of these programs, but I was still able to access my hotmail. What else…
I've had communication with Gateway support and they didn't provide much help. After chatting with a tech support guy, he told me that a full system restore or recovery would be necessary if restoring to a previous date did not work (it didn't). I thought this seemed rather extreme just to be able to access my hotmail! I am trying to avoid this for several reasons, but maybe it would be for the best.
The logs below are of my computer running from a previous restore point.
I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided. I've spent too much time on this problem to give up now!
Thanks in advance,
loop