This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

can't log into a forum

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

On my computer, each time I go to a favorite forum I've always used, it takes me 2+ times to log onto it. It's like the site cannot "see" me or something. I have no firewall/etc. and as far as I know, nothing turned on to do any sort of blocking. Also, in recent past, my browser didn't refresh automatically on my hotmail page. TIA for the help!
Well it depends on which browser your using. Internet Explorer, go into control panel and click on Internet settings and under the privacy tab click on advanced and make sure that your blocking cookies. If your using mozilla, click on tools, then options and under the privacy tab make sure your accepting cookies.
thanks, I think I've fixed it. NOW- for an (unrelated?) problem, I do the "disk cleanup" very frequently, and the "compress old files" was getting rid of everything, if if even showed anything at all there. NOW, I have this 89kb that will NOT go away!! I don't know where the hell it is. I just want to delete it…to see the ole' "compress old files" at zero again. Thanks a lot, Ralph

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI