This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Drivers outdated

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

PC Pitstop says I have some outdated drivers, so I downloaded their recommended fix. Well, it only told me what needed to be updated. I have to buy it to fix the problems. I'm not actually having any problems with my PC now. I don't want to spend money for a fix I don't need especially since I'm actually happy with My PC for the moment, as shocking as that sounds. These are the Drivers it said were outdated: PS/2 Compatible mouse Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC HP Deskjet 5400 Series DOT4 HP Deskjet 5400 Series DOT4PRT I checked HP's website and it said my printer driver was ok. Should I be concerned about any of these?
Hi, Pcpitstop is telling you that more up to date drivers are available. The choice of whether you update them is yours, but in general if your machine is working well and without any problems then you may like to leave well alone on the basis that: if"it ain't broke don't try and fix it" If on the other hand,you are finding a loss of functionality with your machine and it is not allowing you to do things you want to do (like print documents for example) then its worth updating the particular driver concerned. Hope this helps Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI