Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IM HAVING DRIVER PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SumDude

SumDude

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

i did a scan on my PC cause somethings my graphics didnt look right and a scan told me 9 of my drivers are outta date for some reason and they wont update any solutions?

Edited by SumDude, 04 January 2010 - 04:46 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

OK, SumDude, I give up.... What "scans" did you do on your machine to inform you that drivers needed to be updated, but wouldn't?

Generally, there are many "Driver Update" utilities and websites, each of them promising to tell you about recent updates.
And the component manufacturers are in a continuous process of developing Updates to their device drivers.
Most often, these "Updates" are in response to a particular problem that "some" users have noticed and have inquired about.
If your machine is not having the "specific" problem, then the "Update" will do nothing to improve your machine's performance.

With regard to Driver Updates, it is usually best to follow the dictum: "If it ain't broke, don't be trying to fix it."
__________________-

Now, with the above said, if you are having an actual problem with, for instance, your graphics presentation, then please describe the problem and list the specifications of your machine, operating system, graphics adapter, and present driver.

We'll help you research the problem and develop the best possible solution.

Please read here, to get an idea of how to best present your situation and questions.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 SumDude

SumDude

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

i was using a scan called Driver Detective, but i had recently wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows, i am using Windows XP my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS and my motherboard is an ATI RADEON Model: D101GGC manufacturer intel my computer is an EMACHINE model: T5048a... basically i play a game and i noticed the graphics looked jagged or not smooth i have checked ive looked through my comp settings and everything looks to be normal thats why i think im missing something or something is outta date

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

Hi, before you formatted and reinstalled presumably you backed up your data, including drivers?
If so just install the Nvidia driver from your back up.
If the back up is unavailable then if you go here:
http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us
then the Nvidia scanner can scan your computer and show you the best driver to use.
Good luck
Regards
paws

Edited by paws, 05 January 2010 - 03:13 AM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

Your Emachine chipset driver and other drivers can be found by navigating from here:
http://www.emachines...rt/drivers.html

Select
Desktop
T series
T5048
XP operating system
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.