This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Driver Updates

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My pc pitstop test says that my drivers are outdated.
My PC Pistop test
But I am unsure how to update them. I ran PC Pitstops Driver Alert ( free ver. - so it dosnt let me download the updates it finds :( ) and here was the results:


[external image: Posted Image]


I downloaded what I thought where the updates for the drivers from MS Catalog, but once I had dowload the files and run the Device Manager - Hardware Update Wizard
it didnt reconize the files I had downloaded as updates

PS I know my computer is rubbish but I would still like to keep it "alive" and running smoothly for as long as possible [external image: Posted Image]


Kind Regards
Thanks for the link above. I did try and look for the drivers for myself on the acer website but I couldn't find them. I followed the link you gave me but the only update I could see that was relevant was for the Realtek High def audio Driver and I don't even know if thats the right one - please help :(

Thanks for the link above. I did try and look for the drivers for myself on the acer website but I couldn't find them. I followed the link you gave me but the only update I could see that was relevant was for the Realtek High def audio Driver and I don't even know if thats the right one - please help :(


Hi 'manicd',

I wondered if you actually have an issue with your Drivers OR were you only alerted by doing the Driver Scan on PCPitstop? I have no issues with my PC or my Laptop, but PCPitstop's Driver Scan also tells me several of my drivers are out of date.

You might like to read this link if you are not having an issue - very good advice from Digerati. :thumbup: "If it is not broke, do not fix it".

kind regards,
The PCPitStop info you posted says you have a RealTek High Def Audio so it sounds like a match to me. As tallin said though, if you are not having problems, why do you want to upgrade the driver? Every update runs the risk of causing as many or more problems than it fixes. Er … as tallin said Digerati said :lol:

Ok I will keep my drivers as they are. Thanks to tallin & Ztruker for your help. :thumbup:


:thumbup: As Digerati said, leave well alone if your not having issues.

All the best

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI