tjon
Topic Starter
At some point in the past the Documents, Pictures, and Photo Album folder type templates for my Windows XP operating system were modified such that the default file attributes normally displayed (e.g. Name, Size, Type, and Date Modified for the Documents template) were replaced by the those attributes normally reserved for the Music folder type template (i.e. Name, Size, Type, Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number, and Duration). The File & Folder Common Tasks in the left pane display normally - appropriately reflecting the tasks associated with the particular folder type template in use. Modifying the folder type template using the Customize function changes the left pane Common Tasks display appropriately for the selected folder type but in each case the default file attributes for the Music folder type remain in effect. It is also noteworthy that this problem applies universally to all folders on my system. While I am not entirely certain it seems to me I first noticed this behavior shortly after I installed iPod and iTunes software on my PC (and this was several years ago now). In any case I suspect that one or more registry errors may be responsible for my problem. I’ve found references to similar but not precisely identical behavior on the Web but nothing that addresses my specific problem nor an real solutions in any case. Can anyone offer some assistance in this regard? Thanks.