This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Windows XP Pro V 2002 Service Pack 2

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

You need one of our network / hardware techs.

Start a new topic here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Browsers_Int…email_f123.html

Post this in your topic there.

I'm back. I had to use the snapfiles download. The Network Connections are still empty.
Before I got to this point I did get a Network Connections box saying:
The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections Service is enabled & running.

Link to HijackThis log:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Windows_XP_P…394#entry443394

Done. Thanks.
Does that conclude this topic with you?
Mary

Yes. All your scans and logs look good as far as spyware/malware/virus'
Be sure to do this now:

  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

    • [external image: Posted Image]
I did the Start > Run> and typed Combofix /u I get a message: Windows cannot find "combofix". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI