This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

,NET framework version 2.0 failure to install

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:35:08 PM, on 3/4/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am trying to install net framework v.2.0. I keep getting an error message:
[external image: Posted Image][external image: Posted Image]

So I uninstalled the hot fix for v.1.1, restarted
uninstalled v.1.1, restarted

Installed v.1.1
Installed v.1.1 service pack
Checked for updates, installed a security fix.

Tried again to install version 2.0, but got the same error message.

I googled the error message, and found that some people were getting the same error, but couldn't find a solution

Tried to register the dll, by clicking Start > Run > REGSVR32 ADVPACK.DLL
Got this error message:

[external image: Posted Image][external image: Posted Image]


HELP!!!?[external image: Posted Image]
Hi Watcherduck Try download the .Netframework 2.0 to your desktop instead of installing from MS. And install it from there. BTW, you don't need to install the .Netframework 1.1 first, try install the 2.0 first and see how it goes. It works for me, whenever i install vers.2.0 first. (From the desktop) You can also try if vers.3.0 or 3.5 will install properly. They have the same properties as 2.0 plus some more. An alternative is to direct your TEMP. files to another folder, then switch back after the install or…. Close down Advpack.dll, install, re-enable advpack.dll. Regards Abydos
I tried saving it, instead of running it. It didn't work. So I uninstalled 1.1, and downloaded 3, and installed. 1.1 and 2.0 were included. I had to go back to microsoft update four times, and restart 3 times, but I got it all. The downside is, the program I was trying is kind of hoaky. I have plug-ins in Photoshop that do a better job faster, So now I will uninstall it all, and set a sys restore point. At least now I know. Thanks for the input!
One more thing. I notice my start-up time is longer, and I see a lot of processes loading at start that didn't load before. Question is, do I need .net framework at all? My computer isn't networked with anything. I have a printer, but it isn't shared. My computer uses a dsl modem, hooked directly, no router. Pretty much all I do with this computer is graphics, and I'd like for it to be as streamlined as possible, because sometimes I have 2 or 3 graphics programs open at once, passing a graphic from one to another, but all on this computer. I upload directly to different file hosts, and If I need to move a large file to another computer, I use Rapidshare, or YouSendIt. Will everything work if I uninstall net framework completely?
Hi watcherduck, Some applications like Quicken, Quick Boods, and Turbo Tax are dependent upon the .Net framework…. Other than that, I haven't ever had a need for it. Best Regards
Thanks, Doug, that's what I was hoping to hear. I don't do my own books, it isn't worth the possible savings/loss to me. I will uninstall it, and try everything for a couple days, then let you know .

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI