Doug
Topic Starter
In my opinion, .net framework was a bright-idea-gone-bad.
I hated the "secure but conveniently accessed" (oxymoron) MS Wallet passport feature.
I detested that MS registered associates were required to register via .net framework.
And I never much cared for the "Verified by VISA" feature which, I think?, is also .net framework based.
As if a seller isn't going to run the buyer's bank card anyway?
But alas, I am a bottom-rung registered MS associate with nifty T-shirt, pens and sticky post-its as proof.
And further alas, I am an unhappy but regular user of QuickBooks, one of several INTUIT softwares requiring .net framework.
In my opinion, A user should only install the several versions of .net framework, if-and-only-if another third-party software application installed on the machine calls for .net framework.
___________
Ok, Ok…. now what?
Well, it appears that MS XP SP3 "blocks" necessary .net framework updates.
Congratulations MS, for shooting yourself in the foot…. again!
Read here:
http://us.mc821.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMess…STcbuwQLAmj7joE,
If the above link does not work for you, let me know.
The linked information comes from Brian Livingston's Window's Secrets "XP Service Pack 3 blocks .NET security patches" By Susan Bradley
I hated the "secure but conveniently accessed" (oxymoron) MS Wallet passport feature.
I detested that MS registered associates were required to register via .net framework.
And I never much cared for the "Verified by VISA" feature which, I think?, is also .net framework based.
As if a seller isn't going to run the buyer's bank card anyway?
But alas, I am a bottom-rung registered MS associate with nifty T-shirt, pens and sticky post-its as proof.
And further alas, I am an unhappy but regular user of QuickBooks, one of several INTUIT softwares requiring .net framework.
In my opinion, A user should only install the several versions of .net framework, if-and-only-if another third-party software application installed on the machine calls for .net framework.
___________
Ok, Ok…. now what?
Well, it appears that MS XP SP3 "blocks" necessary .net framework updates.
Congratulations MS, for shooting yourself in the foot…. again!
Read here:
http://us.mc821.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMess…STcbuwQLAmj7joE,
If the above link does not work for you, let me know.
The linked information comes from Brian Livingston's Window's Secrets "XP Service Pack 3 blocks .NET security patches" By Susan Bradley