This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Opera : Filling search field

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well, I love everthing about opera. I have a newb question about this browser though. I can't fill certain search field at this site

http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?id=139703

Using IE or Firefox is no problem though. Do I need to tweak some settings for it? Filling any other form with my opera is doable. Just that one site, wouldn't let me fill the search box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D
Hello and :welcome:

The issue isn't with Opera, it's that the javascript behind the page is using a method that is meant to be for IE only. I'm sure the reason it works for Firefox is because they have added the functionality, although it isn't part of the standard. The easiest workaround for this is to disable javascript for the page (by pressing F12 and then J). You can now type into the search box. After you are done typing, enable javascript again (use same instructions).

Regards,

Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI