This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

troubles with the search section

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi I'm trying to find a specific topic but it seems your search option isn't working for me, I tried many options before posting this but it's been happening for a while. Anybody else had this particular problem ?
Hi LondonBabs,

I just tried a search and "did" have a failure error in the first attempt without using the "more search options" feature.
Then with "more search options" I had no problem, AND going back to the primary search also produced results.
I don't know why that happened.

Have you used the "more search options" feature?

Your search term may be too specific or may have words less than (4) four letters long.

What term are you searching? (If you prefer, send me a PM with your search term and I'll check to see if I get the same error or not)

my initial search term was selected off the top of my head…
linksys router
then…
router

All produced results. Do you get errors when searching these terms?

However a search for "lop infection", creates an error failure due to "lop" being only three letters long.
I know for a fact that there are plenty of threads with lop infection in the content, but "search" will not complete with items less than 4 letters long.

Doug
well, it works now (and just when I don't need it no more, typical) thanks for taking the time to answer, sorry for the trouble Babs