This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

touch pad and audio glitches?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello! I have two strange problems to discuss here. The first is that when I bring my computer out of sleep mode, my touchpad does not respond for a while. Sometimes it takes so long that I have to restart via the button. The strange thing is that the mouse buttons do work, as does the keyboard. This didn't happen when I first started using the laptop, but after a while it happened more and more frequently until it started to happen everytime I brought it out of sleep mode. My other problem is with audio. I've noticed that sometimes after having my headphones hooked up and bringing the computer out of sleep mode (again with the sleep mode!), the volume doesn't work when I unplug the headphones (but it does work within the headphones themselves). Any help? I am running an Everex Stepnote NC series laptop, windows vista basic with 1.406 GB RAM; VIA Esther Processor 1.5 GHZ
Hello envisage, Sorry for the long delay in someone answering your post. How does your laptop perform for you if you stay away from Sleep mode? Just as a test, don't use sleep mode, then tell us if all is normal with the running of your system. Re the sound on your Laptop using and when not using your head phones. The same happens to me, my answer is make sure the external speakers are turned on and volume up and then all works fine. On my Laptop :whistling: I have cause to turn my speakers up each time I boot up so please check that they are turned on and the volume is as you require it. kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI