This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Asus laptop touchpad issues after Windows anniversary update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good evening,

 

I had a similar problem to this when I first updated to Windows 10, can't for the life of me think I resolved it. Now I seem to be having the same problem after the anniversary update. After googling it seems to be a problem affecting Asus laptops especially. I've checked and, as far as I can teel, all the drivers are up tp date.

 

Basically, the problem is that, since the anniversary update, the touchpad on my laptop has become ultrasensitive. Tabs open up twice instead of once, if I click play on youtube it plays thne pauses again, if you get my meaning. Etc etc. Any idea what I need to do to get the touchpad working normally again.

 

Many thanks.

I deleted your duplicate posts.

 

Try uninstalling the touchpad from Device manager, then reboot and let Windows rediscover it and reload the driver. See if that fixes it.

What is the make and full model number of the laptop?

 

Also check Control Panel, File Explorer options, make sure Single click to open an item is not selected.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI