This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

USB speakers not working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just installed a pair of Logitech USB speakers to my laptop (Vista). As expeckted, my laptop speakers now don't work, but neither do the ISB speakers. I've checked all possible MUTE controls and all are off. Using Control Panel>Sound>Playback, I've set the USB speakers as the default. Using the TEST and CONFIG, no tones are going to the speakers. I've tested the speakers on another computer and they work fine. Can someone please tell me what setting I'm missing? PROBLEM UPDATE: By chance I have now noticed that the speakers work just fine if I RESTART my computer. They do not work if I come from HIBERNATION!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI