nc44
Topic Starter
Forgive any stupidity, I can work my way around a computer but I'm obviously lacking some expertise. I have some issues that have been bothering me so I appreciate any help that is offered.
I have a couple random problems that have been annoying me. The first problem is that, for whatever reason, I don't have a tray volume control any more. I solved this problem by putting sndvol32 on my desktop, any suggestions? The audio driver is SigmaTel Audio.
Also, when the computer hibernates or goes into standby I can no longer use the TouchPad when the computer is restored (its an Inspiron 9100 laptop). Instead, I've been forced to plug in a USB style mouse or to restart the computer. Additionally, the computer seems to bog down badly after hibernation and it doesn't resolve itself until its restarted.
The final problem is with the fan. The fan is quite loud, 24 hours per day. The speed (and noise) varies, but it is far louder than just about any other laptop I've been around. I don't think there is actually anything wrong with the fan itself, it sounds fine, but it is always running at a speed which makes it annoying. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? To help the computer run cooler? I've been told that this particular computer was built with a processor which really belongs in a desktop and consequently cooling, battery life, etc. are issues.