This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Awola vs SpyHnter - General Question

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A friend's office workstation computer (W2K) is mightily hung with Awola. We're trying to remove it. Seeing lots of "helpful" tips and techniques on the 'net. Many involve a program called "SpyHunter". OK, here's where I need some experienced advice… I'm looking for a genuine fix for Awola. SpyHunter's website sez it can do it. But before I do that, it occurs to me, "SpyHunter may be the software that Awola is intended for you to buy to remove it." In that case, I want nothing to do with SpyHunter. What are this group's experience with SpyHunter? Reputable company or shill-factory? And, since Ad-Aware (with complete updates) doesn't come close to zapping it, is there a good genuine package out there to deal with Awola? Note: Yes, I could post HJT logs here and all that but I'm looking for a more "sefl-directed" approach seeing that my friend is not located near home which would require hours of running back and forth. Again, one of the problems here is that the computer there is almost totally unusable! Thanks for any advice… H
Hi Hoib,

I have no experience nor have I heard of Spyhunter - I cannot find it on this link

Depending what Antispyware you are running here is a respected link with good information.

WhatThetech (LDTate) also posts a great self help link here

Please post back if you need more help.

kind regards,
Sometimes it's all in the fine print, as is the case with SpyHunter on the first link tallin gave. Here is the direct link to what they say about it, basically it's a former rogue antispyware program, in its case it looks like it's no longer using devious attempts to get you to use it but it also does a poor job at removing malware so I don't advise it.

Ad-Aware doesn't do nearly as much as it used to these days.
AVG Anti-Spyware and SUPERAntiSpyware are far better ones with 30 day trials, even after then they can still be used as on demand scanner and updates fine.
The best freeware program that has real monitoring protection in my opinion is Spybot Search & Destroy.
i used to use spyhunter, but my subscription expired. it's pretty good software. i have no experience on removing Awola with SpyHunter, but they have some support page and if you send a request to spyhunter crew, they can remove parasites using remote desktop or something like that. however it is complicated and i bet you want to remove Awola asap, so i suggest you use awola removal.
good luck! ^_^

i used to use spyhunter, but my subscription expired. it's pretty good software. i have no experience on removing Awola with SpyHunter, but they have some support page and if you send a request to spyhunter crew, they can remove parasites using remote desktop or something like that. however it is complicated and i bet you want to remove Awola asap, so i suggest you use awola removal.
good luck! ^_^


I've never used SpyHunter myself but I don't trust programs that were once rogue antispyware programs and from what I heard their detection rates are terrible.

they can remove parasites using remote desktop or something like that.
good luck! ^_^


Hmm, I personally would NOT let someone behind a former rogueprogram remote anything on my pc…. <_<

-Abydos

Abydos wrote:
Hmm, I personally would NOT let someone behind a former rogueprogram remote anything on my pc


Well said Abydos -

The following Antispyware programs are the ones I use. I used to use Ad-Aware which has been giving me grief regarding the new definitions, so I uninstalled it this week.

AVG Antispyware Free http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download-free-…pyware/us/frt/0

Superspyware Free Edition http://www.superantispyware.com/

Spyware blaster http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spyware Search and Destroy http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popu…h-Destroy.shtml

CW Shredder http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshr…r_download.html

AVG Rootkit free http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/AVG-…load-48738.html

A_squared freehttp://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/a_squared.html

Hope this helps you.

kind regards,

they can remove parasites using remote desktop or something like that.
good luck! ^_^


Hmm, I personally would NOT let someone behind a former rogueprogram remote anything on my pc…. <_<

-Abydos

i didn't knew it used to be a rogue program :huh: but i wouldn't agree on detection rates, when i had it on my pc, i used to get definitions updates twice a week, however spyhunter is a bit pricey, you can find better for that price.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI