Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Privacytools Creator Threatens To Add Spyware!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TeMerc

TeMerc

MalwareBytes

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:47 AM

Hello all. I am posting below a thread which was started over at Spyware Warrior Forums, where I am a Mod/HJT analyst.

http://spywarewarrio...4112&highlight=

One of our members posted an inquirely about the above anti spy app. The creator of the app joined the conversation, which started out with him wanting to fix all the horrifc amount of f/ps, and general overall poor performance.

After about 2 pages of many criticisms, he got mad, and here are a few quotes.

Ashly:
Although I tested the software and had a few others test it, we (me and my programmers) are the new to the business and didn't realize the software was producing false positives. I have stopped selling the software until my new version has been tested and confirmed it is ok to continue selling. Eric and a few other sites all independent from myself will test the software before it is sold

Suzi:
Most everyone who has been around on the Net for a while knows of Clickbank and their shady affiliate marketing. Nearly every rogue applicaton on the list is marketed though Clickbank. They use URL redirects and other tricks to mask the identities of the affiliates and their affiliates use unethical advertising techniques. I could cite you dozens of examples.

ashley:
couldnt really care what people think about clickbank. Shady techniques and redirects as you call them is just the way affiliate system works, man you people cant even have a little cookie on your PC with an affiliates name in without stressing about it. I will actually continue to sell through clickbank, I have never heard of them ever being shady and they are actually very popular

Ashly:
And to be honest i'm even thinking of having some programmers write me some spyware. Yep, actual spyware to infect ppls machines. Why? Cus you all suck. I'm trying to work with you but you couldnt give a sh1t. So why try and work with the anti-spyware community when there only against you? You guys are against me so much that i'm going to start distributing spyware myself, its not hard. UNDETECTABLE stuff too To be honest theres probably more money in this then the actual spyware removal

Ashly:
Yesterday I took the first step towards taking action against the posts in this forum. I have contacted an attorney in the US to represent me.
I quote from an email they sent me:
"You can sue for any defamatory posts that in fact do damage you-- Our attorneys could also become directly involved"
From here on I retain my right to remain silence until further advice is sought

Then, Ashly:
I am taking the advise of my legal guy and I am not going to be taking this any further.
At the end of the day as soon as my beta version is finished I will continue to sell my software and will do so knowing that I am doing nothing wrong. Nothing illegal, nothing dishonest.

Ashly:
IF YOU TEST THE SOFTWARE OR HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SOFTWARE PLEASE EMAIL ME. IF YOU KEEP EMAILING ME STUPID QUESTIONS (i.e not related to the software) I'M GONNA ADD SOMETHING TO MY EULA THAT WILL STATE:

By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a member of spywarewarrior.com

Ashly:
Why do you think Eric is not testing the latest version? Because he is smart and he knows its not worth the hassle. The license clearly states 'members of spywarewarrior.com' which includes you

Eric Howes:
Actually, I figured that if you were so clearly determined to make an rear of yourself in public and destroy the reputation of yourself, your firm, and your software, who was I to stand in the way?

The above is just a small snippet of many amazing and amusing quotes by a man, who can't possible be standing as many times as he has shot himslef in the foot.

Take the time to read the 4 pages, and growing, and be there when this guy makes history in the malware scumbag writting anti spyware world. Its truely incredible.

Advertisements

Register to Remove