nyankeec
Topic Starter
I have been dealing with computers since the days of IBM OS/360 (yes, I'm getting QUITE old… <_< ) in a lot of different technical and management areas. I have been conducting (amateur) guerilla warfare on malware for a while now, especially since I added a computer to my home network for my (now 14 year old) daughter.
Because of my profession I am getting increasing numbers of requests from local friends to help them with computers that have begun behaving strangely, usually after their system gets so bad it won't even connect to the internet. In most instances I help them through brute strength, by simply doing a clean install of the OS, with the obvious disadvantages of that approach, then add virus scanning, Spybot S&D, and AdAware with written instructions on maintaining their systems in some semblance of usability through routine scans and cleaning.
I stumbled across this forum rather by accident while looking for more intelligence to add to my aresenal, was quickly impressed with what I saw, joined, and have been lurking around for a few days now. I wanted to take a moment and say "thanks" to Tom and all the resources who are donating their time to engage the enemy. I will be around, will undoubtedly make use of this forum extensively, and will be giving serious consideration to joining the classroom.
Keep up the good work! 