What is your take on Webroot SpySweeper?
When I became information security conscious and soon after a scum/spy/adware hater, I went checking for antispyware tools and it seemed to me that SpySweeper was the most effective one - I compared it with NoAdware, Spybot, Aluria and perhaps others I don't remember. The thing is that recently I got Aurora and other spy/adware in my computer and although none of these tools seem to completely clean the PC(s), I guess SpySweeper still provides a more straight-forward interface and its more aggresive in its full scan / search.
Anyway, what is your take on this tool in particular? What is your take on anothers? (I guess comparisons would be welcome, at both high and technical levels).
Thanks to all.
I can tell you that after installing Webroot on my client's work machines (and mine), the other products mostly just clean up usage tracks! I have been pleasantly surprised at the difference. You can get Webroot for around $20.00 and it will update for 1 year automatically. If you are a MSN subscriber, you can download it for free under the security tools. The biggest difference will notice is that Webroot will catch the stuff on the way into your machine instead of cleaning up after it is on your hard drive.
It will also perform many other tasks that will help protect your machine. Webroot is well worth the money!