Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Spyware/Malware Program Compatibility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marksporle

marksporle

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:50 PM

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could tell me what programs are compatible with one another? I've been having problem after problem with my Fujitsu tablet PC running Windows XP tablet PC edition SP 2 and, originally had Trend Micro Office Scan, Spybot & Lavasoft Aw-Aware SE Professional (w/Ad-Watch SE) installed on my computer. I believe these might be outdated and, through Tom Coyote's website, was advised to run an eWido anti-malware scan on my computer and, later, I was advised to run Spy Search scan. When I ran the eWido anti-malware scan last Saturday, it found 7 items and removed them. I was impressed with the how thorough it seemed and purchased the software online. The Spy Search scan, ran on Monday or Tuesday fo this week, wouldn't allow me to see the log unless I purchased it. So, I purchaed Spy Search as well as Window Washer. Now, I'm worried I have too many programs running on my system. In addition, I have the trail version of Windows malicious spyware removal tool running on my system, too! I'm very much a novice at this and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out which programs I should keep and which ones to uninstall. I don't mind purchasing whatever I need to protect and keep my system secure. However, I currently think I am probably causing more harm than good with all these systems running together. Trend Micro Office Scan looks like it had one of the files damaged and replaced with an exactly-titled file with the exception of having INI slipped into the title. And, Lavasoft, which I think might be related to eWido, is running on an older version. These original security programs were installed by my former company and I am unable to update them as far as I can tell. I haven't updated SpyBot recently, but that never has seemed to find any problems whenver I've ran the program. If someone could let me know what programs to install on my system and which ones to uninstall due to incompatibility, I would greatly appreciate it. Of course, I would like to keep eWido and SpySearch/Window Washer, if possible, since I just purchased them and they are valid for at least a year. Thank you, Mark Sporle

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

hi marksporle,

Trend Micro Office Scan, Spybot & Lavasoft Aw-Aware SE Professional (w/Ad-Watch SE)
eWido anti-malware

the above are all good to have and use.

there are boatloads of others, many are garbage. some may find false postitives in hope that you purchase the "product" or wont "remove" them until you purchase the product.

check here first:

http://www.spywarewa...nti-spyware.htm
How Can I Reduce My Risk?