This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Connect NOT

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Some how something from some soft where downloaded and now the IP on my desktop has changed. I would like directions on how to go into the networking settings and change the IP back, also to find out where it came from. Best Buy and HP will charge me for this service which is fine, but they will not tell me how to fix it if it ever happens again.
hi,

your WAN ip is assigned by your ISP and could last for days or months.
if your LAN ip is in the form of 192.168.2….its assigned via NAT/router. which ip are you talking about?

Best Buy and HP will charge me for this service

what–to change your ip?
Greetings Christihein

I see your are working the same problem over at Geeks to go with Balzeron. http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/IP-problems-t183927.html

Personnel resources are already stretched to the limit on most sites and we can not afford to waste valuable time duplicating our efforts. It is considered bad form and does gives the wrong impression. Their time is very valuable too.

Also fixes from two different sources can confuse and make the problem worse and frustrate both you and the helper who is volunteering his/her time. It is the right and polite thing to do, seeing these volunteers maybe saving you quite a sum of money and time sorting out this problem with you. Or could be helping someone else If they knew you were already being seen to?


Please let us know which forum you are going to stick with and let the helper here know.

Best Regards

Kaz.
I was unaware that I was limited to one forum. As I said in the very beginning, I am more than willing to pay for advice that leads me to a solution as long as I am able to have that knowledge for future reference. I have been working with several techs on this as well as HP, Linksys and Hughesnet. I am sorry that you feel that I have wasted your time and it will not happen in the future. As you are into searching forums for doubling up, I will allow you to tell the other forum that as I am grateful for their help and feel they are very knowledgeable that I will not bother them any longer on this problem or any other. Thank you for your time and have a great day. By the way I did find someone who was able to give me a solution to the problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI