Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Connect NOT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Christihein

Christihein

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Some how something from some soft where downloaded and now the IP on my desktop has changed. I would like directions on how to go into the networking settings and change the IP back, also to find out where it came from. Best Buy and HP will charge me for this service which is fine, but they will not tell me how to fix it if it ever happens again.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

hi,

your WAN ip is assigned by your ISP and could last for days or months.
if your LAN ip is in the form of 192.168.2....its assigned via NAT/router. which ip are you talking about?

Best Buy and HP will charge me for this service

what--to change your ip?
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 kazzoo

kazzoo

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

Greetings Christihein

I see your are working the same problem over at Geeks to go with Balzeron. http://www.geekstogo...ms-t183927.html

Personnel resources are already stretched to the limit on most sites and we can not afford to waste valuable time duplicating our efforts. It is considered bad form and does gives the wrong impression. Their time is very valuable too.

Also fixes from two different sources can confuse and make the problem worse and frustrate both you and the helper who is volunteering his/her time. It is the right and polite thing to do, seeing these volunteers maybe saving you quite a sum of money and time sorting out this problem with you. Or could be helping someone else If they knew you were already being seen to?

Please let us know which forum you are going to stick with and let the helper here know.

Best Regards

Kaz.
Badgers? I dont need no stinking Badgers!

#4 Christihein

Christihein

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

I was unaware that I was limited to one forum. As I said in the very beginning, I am more than willing to pay for advice that leads me to a solution as long as I am able to have that knowledge for future reference. I have been working with several techs on this as well as HP, Linksys and Hughesnet. I am sorry that you feel that I have wasted your time and it will not happen in the future. As you are into searching forums for doubling up, I will allow you to tell the other forum that as I am grateful for their help and feel they are very knowledgeable that I will not bother them any longer on this problem or any other. Thank you for your time and have a great day. By the way I did find someone who was able to give me a solution to the problem.

#5 kazzoo

kazzoo

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

Greetings once again Christihein, Glad you got it all sorted out. My very Best Regards Kaz

Edited by kazzoo, 17 January 2008 - 05:11 PM.
To fix some "Typos"

Badgers? I dont need no stinking Badgers!