This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

It says connected...but it's not

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello, I live at West Point. They gave me a computer that has all these security programs that i don't understand on it. So whenever I bring it home, the internet won't connect. I tried to renew the IP address, but it just says limited connectivity. I have another laptop, so i tried to manually enter the IP address to my west point laptop, but it says "connected, shared" what does this mean?? How can obtain a new IP address and connect to the internet?? PLEASE HELP!! :(
I am guessing its ok for you take the laptop home..? click on start… then run.. type mstsc. Then expand that window (the options button) to enter your log-in credentials. What happens then?