Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Prompts to login to Windows Live account

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bladesfan

bladesfan

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

When I am navigating under Documents&Settings\Local Apps etc in order to check for content and remove unnecessary files etc I keep getting an annoying dialogue prompt asking to login to my Windows LiveAccount. Whilst I do have one, I do not want into my account at this time and do not understand why I am being prompted to do so. Can this be disabled, or is there something more sinister going on ?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

That is indeed strange behavior, it could be software related but to be on the safe side I'd advise you to go here and follow the instructions to check for possible infections on your computer.
One other question, do you have the program set to boot at startup or does it just randomly open itself and prompt you to log in?
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation