This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Prompts to login to Windows Live account

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I am navigating under Documents&Settings\Local Apps etc in order to check for content and remove unnecessary files etc I keep getting an annoying dialogue prompt asking to login to my Windows LiveAccount. Whilst I do have one, I do not want into my account at this time and do not understand why I am being prompted to do so. Can this be disabled, or is there something more sinister going on ?
That is indeed strange behavior, it could be software related but to be on the safe side I'd advise you to go here and follow the instructions to check for possible infections on your computer.
One other question, do you have the program set to boot at startup or does it just randomly open itself and prompt you to log in?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI