Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

How to keep "Type your user name and password" from continua

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dpennmaas

dpennmaas

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hi, a popup box with "Type your user name and password" keeps popping up while I'm in MS Office Outlook 2007. I googled it but the answers are just as confusing and frustrating. Is it possible to get an assist on getting rid of this? As always, I greatly appreciate your help. Dave

Edited by dpennmaas, 19 November 2009 - 02:51 PM.

Thanks, Dpennmaas

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

There are 2 possible causes off the top of my head, it could be wanting you to register the software, personally I always decline, or the more likely cause is Hotmail, given you've only mentioned outlook as causing this it's the most likely one, I don't have specific advice on stopping this message appearing, apart from give it the details it asks for, but I'm sure there is an option to turn this off somewhere, but before searching for this answer it would help to confirm this first, if you could take a screenshot of this message it would help me see if it is what I suspect, needless to say make sure no sensitive data is displayed such as serials or email addresses etc, once I can confirm this pop up I will try and figure a solution for you. But basically m$ are bringing all they're software together, and making it an online directory\calender access thing that for want of a better description is like an online personal organiser (remember the 80's yuppie Filofaxes ? lol), you tie in your Hotmail address and it then links to your online mail\details, it automatically assumes you want this and will use it the way they envisage, but in typical m$ style they don't consider you may not want to do this, I suspect it is part of an update called m$ office live add in, but I couldn't swear to it at this stage, but this is what I suspect is happening with you.

Braindead

#3 dpennmaas

dpennmaas

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

Thank you for your help... I'll wait for it to pop again and send you a screen shot. I'm pulling in Yahoo and Gmail email accounts into Outlook 2007 on XP.
Thanks, Dpennmaas