Hi, a popup box with "Type your user name and password" keeps popping up while I'm in MS Office Outlook 2007. I googled it but the answers are just as confusing and frustrating. Is it possible to get an assist on getting rid of this? As always, I greatly appreciate your help.
Dave
There are 2 possible causes off the top of my head, it could be wanting you to register the software, personally I always decline, or the more likely cause is Hotmail, given you've only mentioned outlook as causing this it's the most likely one, I don't have specific advice on stopping this message appearing, apart from give it the details it asks for, but I'm sure there is an option to turn this off somewhere, but before searching for this answer it would help to confirm this first, if you could take a screenshot of this message it would help me see if it is what I suspect, needless to say make sure no sensitive data is displayed such as serials or email addresses etc, once I can confirm this pop up I will try and figure a solution for you.
But basically m$ are bringing all they're software together, and making it an online directory\calender access thing that for want of a better description is like an online personal organiser (remember the 80's yuppie Filofaxes ? lol), you tie in your Hotmail address and it then links to your online mail\details, it automatically assumes you want this and will use it the way they envisage, but in typical m$ style they don't consider you may not want to do this, I suspect it is part of an update called m$ office live add in, but I couldn't swear to it at this stage, but this is what I suspect is happening with you.
Thank you for your help… I'll wait for it to pop again and send you a screen shot. I'm pulling in Yahoo and Gmail email accounts into Outlook 2007 on XP.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI