This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Monitor with Built-in Speakers

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

[rant-on] :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: I have been researching new monitors, looking to replace my two mismatched 17" LCD monitors with a couple 19" - 22" LCD monitors. Anyone else frustrated with LCD monitor makers including speakers in many of their monitors? I personally don't like it and think it is a waste of money and space. The one's I have heard sound about as good as those included in laptops - in other words, they sound lousy! Fine for beeps and clicks, but not for music or a DVD sound track. If you use a dual-monitor setup, what do you do? And don't most folks already have a set of computer speakers, often with an included subwoofer, or even a 5.1/surround setup? Am I the only one that has a nice sound card and speakers that likes to hear quality audio reproduction? I don't think so. It seems all to often I find a nice monitor, great specs, with height adjustment (another frustratingly hard to find feature) then I realize it has speakers too. :x I can see this for the office, but come on. Not all computers are in a workplace. :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: [rant-off]
And crappy built in WebCams and buggy display software, and, and,…… Hope you get a good one of what you are looking for. They sneak into most any room when moving sideways, but I don't think I could slip the 22" unit past my budget. :D Browsing at CNET for reviews shows some good featured items with some good priced ones too. I suppose, if you found the display features that you like, you wouldn't have to connect the darn speakers and such. :( Rant noted, accepted, and seconded.
Some speakers in LCDs are not that big of an issue.. for example for Christmas I received a Samsung SyncMaster 220WM and there are 2 small speakers on either side of the menu other then that, I just wish Samsung new how to make stands properly <_<

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI