This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

New monitor, no sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just got this monitor. Flatron W1946. Instructions not in english. Cant get sound. Doesnt appear to be anywhere to connect a sound cable (wasnt one with monitor) Anyone know if I should be setting up external speakers? Any ideas? thanks
I can only find the W1946S and the specs don't mention anything about sound or speakers. Note that most computer monitor do not have built in speakers so you must get your sound through regular computer speakers.
Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought that would be the case as I cant find anything on google about it having speakers. Will find a cheap set of externals as I dont use sound much. thanks
Sounds like a plan. I am a SiriusXM subscriber so I listen to music almost all the time I am using my computer. So for me, a decent set of speakers is essential. But for most computer users who just need speakers for system sounds, video chats, or an occasional video with sound, there are dozens of computer speakers for under $20.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI