Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

TV sound and surround speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 uchkur

uchkur

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hello I bought a TV and as the reviews I read on the net said, the sound is definitely not one of its best assets :P Now I wonder, if I buy surround or 2.1 speakers and connect them to the TV, will I get a lot better sound? Basically what I'm interested in, does the TV affect the speakers? For example, will the sound from same speakers be the same quality on different TVs?

Edited by uchkur, 08 October 2012 - 01:23 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

the easy answer is yes the sound will be much better from a good external speaker system than what the tv outputs. do all tv's sound the same with the same external speaker system, then i'd have to say no, it would depend on the tv's internal hardware, same as the sound from a pc's motherboard may sound better than another motherboards that uses a different sound chipset. but a good external sound system will always be vastly superior to what the tv can output through it's built in speaker system. :popcorn:

#3 uchkur

uchkur

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

thank you for your answer

#4 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'd be very careful about selecting high quality speakers for most TVs or computers with no sound card to match for that matter, as they will amplify the distortion (ever so clearly) that exists in the weakest sound link, the TVs (or computer) internal sound hardware and it's source. Sound quality is only as good as it's weakest link, everything must be reasonably balanced or potential amplified distortion can/will be the result. We recently went digital radio here in OZ. Potentially a much higher quality sound source than FM, which was potentially better than AM that it replaced and suddenly $20 portable radios became $250 radios made with the same cheap $2 speakers, but manufactured to accept the digital signal. Needless to say and to the disappointment of most buyers, the quality of the sound was still only as good as the $2 speakers allowed :angry: Cheers, Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.