Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

INTERNET ACCESS PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nelclaret

nelclaret

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hello I'm not sure if I can explain this properly but here goes: Recently, after viewing for example, a you tube video or (as today) photographs from CD, I find that I am unable to reconnect to the internet via my speedtouch dial-up on the next session. I get a 'remote computer does not respond' or 'password not recognised on the domain' type-message. I have looked these up and they seem to indicate a network problem. However, if I system restore then I can access OK. It is almost as if by viewing a video or photograph I am somehow blocking the subsequent internet access! It is too regular and repetetive an occurance for me to point the finger at a network problem. Has anybody heard of anything like this and could give me a clue what is going on? Thanks Nelclaret

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your Internet. If you are connecting via a Speedtouch modem on dial up then can you confirm please that you have a Speedtouch 330 ADSL USB modem with a phone wire with an RJ11 connector plugged into your BT socket, via a micro filter or (splitter) with the other end in your Speedtouch modem? If that is the case then it would be best to uninstal your Speedtouch drivers, power down your machine and then install them again. If you have the disc from your ISP then use this, otherwise install the drivers and after a reboot advise us of the settings you have under Internet Options in Control Panel. We will advise you the correct settings to apply. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 nelclaret

nelclaret

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:33 AM

Apologies for the delay in getting back. This was because I have been on to my ISP to try and recover my password for the speedtouch as it has been 2 years since I have neded it! I can confirm that my configuration is as described in your para 2. However (and here I touch a large chunk of wood) whilst I was awaiting my password info, the internet access problem seems to have eased. No doubt it will reappear in time - but for now I am sitting put! Regards Nelclaret :)

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:38 AM

Hi nelclaret, Thats sounds like good news to me You must have the magic touch... :thumbup: Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate