Hello
I'm not sure if I can explain this properly but here goes:
Recently, after viewing for example, a you tube video or (as today) photographs from CD, I find that I am unable to reconnect to the internet via my speedtouch dial-up on the next session. I get a 'remote computer does not respond' or 'password not recognised on the domain' type-message. I have looked these up and they seem to indicate a network problem. However, if I system restore then I can access OK.
It is almost as if by viewing a video or photograph I am somehow blocking the subsequent internet access!
It is too regular and repetetive an occurance for me to point the finger at a network problem.
Has anybody heard of anything like this and could give me a clue what is going on?
Thanks
Nelclaret
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your Internet.
If you are connecting via a Speedtouch modem on dial up then can you confirm please that you have a Speedtouch 330 ADSL USB modem with a phone wire with an RJ11 connector plugged into your BT socket, via a micro filter or (splitter) with the other end in your Speedtouch modem?
If that is the case then it would be best to uninstal your Speedtouch drivers, power down your machine and then install them again. If you have the disc from your ISP then use this, otherwise install the drivers and after a reboot advise us of the settings you have under Internet Options in Control Panel.
We will advise you the correct settings to apply.
Regards
paws
Apologies for the delay in getting back.
This was because I have been on to my ISP to try and recover my password for the speedtouch as it has been 2 years since I have neded it!
I can confirm that my configuration is as described in your para 2.
However (and here I touch a large chunk of wood) whilst I was awaiting my password info, the internet access problem seems to have eased. No doubt it will reappear in time - but for now I am sitting put!
Regards
Nelclaret