Wapiti
Topic Starter
Is there anything (virus related) that might hose up a systems internet connection - so that you can't even ping the outside world from a command prompt?
I have two systems in the office with this symptom. A week ago there was only one, it was loaded with spyware. Then this week another showing symptoms of something trying to hijack the web browser -but it too has lost its internet access so the browser (internet exploerer) fails to display.
Its driving me nuts trying to track this one down.
Also, in IE, nothing happens when I click Tools | Internet Options on the second pc.
The first, strange, when I r-click NW Neighborhood, the system prompts me for a Office 2000 CD ???
Any ideas? I've just never seen an internet connection get hosed like this - could it be remenents of a virus? Virus detection software isn't finding anything.
Thanks, -Mike