This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Can 'nt Get Connected To Internet

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a general issue and cannot get help on my support line I was on hold 2 hours. CAn any one help me with this? What happened I do not know I turned on my desktop and can not get connected any more when I go to my connections and setting tab. it says do not dial a connection. So I check the dial that says always dial my default connection which is earthlink. but when I save it and go out of connections and try to connect it still will not. when I go back into connections again it is changed to do not dial a connection. Why is my computer doing this? My husband has visited some triple x sites and I am wondering if there is a connection? This is the only thing I can think of but I need to fix it I pay my bills on that PC. Is there anyone out there had an issue like this? What can i do? Thanks for any help. T
  • Hi, and welcome to the forums :) I'm Simon V. and will be helping you with your computer. As I'm still a trainee, all my posts have to be checked by an Admin. Thus, there may be a tiny bit of a delay between posts, but it shouldn't be too long. Do you have a flash drive, or something to transfer files from one PC to the other (as I suspect this is posted from another PC)? If so, please do the following:

  • Use this link to get HijackThis.
    • Save it to your desktop and then double-click to run it.
    • It will install the program in c:\program files\HijackThis.
    • Browse to that location with windows explorer, and double click on the HijackThis.exe program to run. Choose the 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'
    • That will allow you to save the log to the desktop (or some other place) and leave open a notepad file with the HijackThis log in it.
  • Now post your HijackThis log into this topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI