Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Not able to retrieve e-mails

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigbear40

bigbear40

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

I have his error WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2 error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed. info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394 info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status: Connected HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity warn FTP (Passive): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com. warn FTP (Active): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established error Could not make an HTTPS connection. error Could not make an FTP connection. I can get to any webpage except to sign so i can recieve my e-mail

Edited by bigbear40, 22 October 2007 - 06:11 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hello bigbear40 and welcome to WTT!

Try the following:
  • Go to Start | Run, type cmd and press Enter
  • Copy the following command:
    ipconfig /flushdns
  • Click the Posted Image image button in the upper left portion of the command prompt window title bar and choose Edit | Paste
  • Press Enter to execute the command
  • Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the following command:
    ipconfig /registerdns
  • Close your Internet browser and reopen, try signing in again
  • If you are still having issues, repeat steps 3 and 4 with the following command:
    netsh winsock reset catalog
  • Again, you may need to close and reopen your browser
Hope this helps,

Ax

#3 bigbear40

bigbear40

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

thankyou ax I did try what you wrote and it did not work. I added new information on the post

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

What didn't work? Were you able to successfully run the commands I gave you? Please give me some details as to what happened when you ran the commands. Have you tried restarting your computer since running the commands?

If you were able to perform all of the above commands successfully, restarted your computer, and are still having issues, try running the following command from the command prompt:
netsh int ip reset reset.log

Please let me know how it goes, the more details the better.

Regards,

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 25 October 2007 - 09:30 PM.