Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Reinstalled WinXPsp2 and cannot connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 agentcaviar

agentcaviar

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

I reinstalled WinXPsp2 on my Dell D400 and cannot connect to internet now. In my network connections i have -1394 connected 1394 Net adapter-. In my device manager under network adapters i have -1394 Net Adapter-. So, it looks like my driver is there but i cannot connect. I have a broadband connection so no internet connection wizard stuff is needed right? Someone please help -Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 kazzoo

kazzoo

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

Greetings Agentcaviar

In my network connections i have -1394 connected 1394 Net adapter-. In my device manager under network adapters i have -1394 Net Adapter

You obviously are missing the Eithernet or Wireless Network interface Card (NIC), What you have there is the Firewire/Camera net connections. (For hooking up devices like cameras)

I am betting you have lots of yellow ! (exclaimation points) in device manager.

If correct you have a Dell Latitude D400 laptop. Go to www.Dell.com and get the Wireless and/or Ethernet Drivers appropriate for Gear you have in your laptop.

Or use the disks provided by Dell (usually several application and drivers disks were included) to reload your laptop.

You are going to have to either know or figure out if you have a Broadcom or Intel based Eithernet or Wireless. You probly can figure out which if you plug in your express service tag number on this link. http://support.dell....o...nki=0&s=gen

Good luck

Kaz
Badgers? I dont need no stinking Badgers!