Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer no longer working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt H

Matt H

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

I have gone through the hijackthis section and they said my log is now clean, but I cannot connect to the internet anymore. I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I click on diagnose connection and it gives me the following info: "Windows has detected a problem with the winsock provider catalog on this computer". If I click on the log from the network diagnostic it says the following under Winsock Status: "\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{294AD91E-701E-496A-AE5B-E6E52039A618} protocol is not found in winsock catalog. Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed." But when you click to let windows reset it it just does the same thing again, over and over. I have also used the winsocxpfix, we've run ipconfig /flushdns, we've tried netsh winsock reset, we've checked the local area connection TCP/IP properties to make sure it was on obtain DNS automatically. I am just confused because it doesn't work under normal mode, but if you boot into safe mode with networking it connects to the internet without any problems. I really appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:09 PM

Uninstall your NIC driver. Then Re-install it. You'll need to have either the CD that accompanied the NIC or download the Driver file from the Manufacterer's website. Is this a DeskTop or Laptop? Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

You may acquire some additional information about any "specific application" LSPs that may be corrupted by using the Ad-Aware Add-On, noted at the bottom of this sites recommendation:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.