This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Explorer no longer working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have gone through the hijackthis section and they said my log is now clean, but I cannot connect to the internet anymore. I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I click on diagnose connection and it gives me the following info: "Windows has detected a problem with the winsock provider catalog on this computer". If I click on the log from the network diagnostic it says the following under Winsock Status: "\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{294AD91E-701E-496A-AE5B-E6E52039A618} protocol is not found in winsock catalog. Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed." But when you click to let windows reset it it just does the same thing again, over and over. I have also used the winsocxpfix, we've run ipconfig /flushdns, we've tried netsh winsock reset, we've checked the local area connection TCP/IP properties to make sure it was on obtain DNS automatically. I am just confused because it doesn't work under normal mode, but if you boot into safe mode with networking it connects to the internet without any problems. I really appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks.
Uninstall your NIC driver. Then Re-install it. You'll need to have either the CD that accompanied the NIC or download the Driver file from the Manufacterer's website. Is this a DeskTop or Laptop? Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI