Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Unable to access Microsoft’s websites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 munesh

munesh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

Hi, I am unable to access any microsoft websites, ex: www.hotmail.com, www.msn.com, www.microsoft.com. I cant even login to my live messenger. I did a Network diagnostics, here is the result: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Last diagnostic run time: 07/12/08 19:05:25 WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2 error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed. info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet 10/100 Base-T Controller, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN info Network connection: Name=Telkomsel, Device=Standard 56000 bps V90 Modem, MediaType=PHONE, SubMediaType=NONE info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status: Connected HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity warn FTP (Passive): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTP: Error 12031 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established warn HTTP: Error 12031 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The connection with the server was reset warn FTP (Active): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTPS: Error 12002 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The operation timed out error Could not make an HTTP connection. error Could not make an HTTPS connection. error Could not make an FTP connection. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for your helps.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

You using Zone Alarm by chance?
http://forums.techgu...connecting.html

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#3 munesh

munesh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

Nope, I am using NOD32 anti virus, spybot s&d and zoned out. I am only using windows firewall. I am also unable to access microsoft's websites using firefox.

#4 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

You could try this:

This file will fit on a floppy or thumb drive.

Get a copy of winsockxpfix.exe You just run it and
things should work OK after it reboots your system.

http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#5 munesh

munesh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I had tried using the winsock 1.2 fix, but I still not able to surf microsoft websites. Btw I forget to mention that this problem that I am having is Intermittence problem. Sometimes I am able to surf microsoft websites without any problems. I am not sure whether it is my ISP problem or my computer problem. My friend whom are using the same ISP as I did, do not have this problem.

#6 ISHAN.SHARMA

ISHAN.SHARMA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Programming,network security and other computer related subjects, Reading and swimming

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:26 AM

I also had a problem like this,but I was not able to open any of the antivirus,anti-spyware websites, and it was because of some trojan . Post your problem in the HijackThis log and infections removal thread.
ISHAN SHARMA
Posted Image