This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to access Microsoft’s websites

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I am unable to access any microsoft websites, ex: www.hotmail.com, www.msn.com, www.microsoft.com. I cant even login to my live messenger. I did a Network diagnostics, here is the result: ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Last diagnostic run time: 07/12/08 19:05:25 WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2 error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed. info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet 10/100 Base-T Controller, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN info Network connection: Name=Telkomsel, Device=Standard 56000 bps V90 Modem, MediaType=PHONE, SubMediaType=NONE info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status: Connected HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity warn FTP (Passive): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTP: Error 12031 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established warn HTTP: Error 12031 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The connection with the server was reset warn FTP (Active): Error 12031 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The connection with the server was reset warn HTTPS: Error 12002 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The operation timed out error Could not make an HTTP connection. error Could not make an HTTPS connection. error Could not make an FTP connection. ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Thanks for your helps.
Nope, I am using NOD32 anti virus, spybot s&d and zoned out. I am only using windows firewall. I am also unable to access microsoft's websites using firefox.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I had tried using the winsock 1.2 fix, but I still not able to surf microsoft websites. Btw I forget to mention that this problem that I am having is Intermittence problem. Sometimes I am able to surf microsoft websites without any problems. I am not sure whether it is my ISP problem or my computer problem. My friend whom are using the same ISP as I did, do not have this problem.
I also had a problem like this,but I was not able to open any of the antivirus,anti-spyware websites, and it was because of some trojan . Post your problem in the HijackThis log and infections removal thread.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI