Bob and Bev
Topic Starter
It is Tallin here writing this thread for my friends Bob and Bev whose Acer Laptop is refusing to install MIcrosoft Updates as follows:
1) Update for Junk mail filter KB13936643
2) Security Update for Office 2003 KB1336048
3) Security Update for Excel 2003 KB940602
I have followed all the fixes that I know at the following site without success so wondering if one of you would pick up and take over to correct this annoying problem for my friends whom I am staying with at this time.
Here is a PCPitstop scan.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=PDJ9HWG876VSPT1V
Here are the MIcrosoft threads I have followed to try and correct the inability to install the updates.
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6620_102-0.htm…66&start=60
I have done a sfc /scannow run with no problems today, and run several Anti-spyware programs with nothing found. AVG Antivirus is scheduled and run with definitions updated daily.
Cleanup 4.5.2 is run daily.
Free Space on C:/partition is 1.86GB
Used Space on C:/ is 15.1GB
D:/partition used Space is 12.2
Free on D:/ is 5.1.
However I can already see that the almost full HD's would be the severe problem so will need to get my friends to uninstall photos and unwanted software programs.
I would still be pleased of a reply with further help in case this does not solve their problems.
Best regards,
1) Update for Junk mail filter KB13936643
2) Security Update for Office 2003 KB1336048
3) Security Update for Excel 2003 KB940602
I have followed all the fixes that I know at the following site without success so wondering if one of you would pick up and take over to correct this annoying problem for my friends whom I am staying with at this time.
Here is a PCPitstop scan.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=PDJ9HWG876VSPT1V
Here are the MIcrosoft threads I have followed to try and correct the inability to install the updates.
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6620_102-0.htm…66&start=60
I have done a sfc /scannow run with no problems today, and run several Anti-spyware programs with nothing found. AVG Antivirus is scheduled and run with definitions updated daily.
Cleanup 4.5.2 is run daily.
Free Space on C:/partition is 1.86GB
Used Space on C:/ is 15.1GB
D:/partition used Space is 12.2
Free on D:/ is 5.1.
However I can already see that the almost full HD's would be the severe problem so will need to get my friends to uninstall photos and unwanted software programs.
I would still be pleased of a reply with further help in case this does not solve their problems.
Best regards,